Mental illness and Addiction are both categories of behaviors that are impossible to prove as ‘diseases’. In fact, if you go to 10 different psychiatrists, you will get 10 different diagnoses! Have you ever thought about why that happens? That said, we have to consider two things…1) Why are they both pushed as diseases when it’s simply nothing more than a theory, and 2) How much do these categories contribute to the wealth of those in the medical and psychiatric fields plus Big Pharma?
Conservatively speaking, psychiatry is over a $40,000,000,000 industry. Not bad for a bunch of theories that aren’t real. This pales to Big Pharma’s income of $60,000,000,000,000. Add to this equation that not one psychiatric illness is definitive because etiology is unknown…symptoms are common from one ‘disorder’ to another…and, these ‘disorders’ are all THEORIES that make big bucks.
Here’s just a short list of ‘disease’ tags the psychiatrists give kids…then, they medicate. At least insurance pays mega bucks. So, check out these few below and ask yourself, ‘REALLY’??????? A little discipline, tools for parents and family talk therapy would do it far better without creating zombies.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (Formerly Asperger’s, Autistic Disorder, & Rett’s)
- Attachment Disorder
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
- Conduct Disorder
- Disorder of Written Expression
- Disruptive Mood Dysregulation Disorder
- Expressive Language Disorder
- Mathematics Disorder
- Mental Retardation, see Intellectual Disability
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Reading Disorder
- Rumination Disorder
- Selective Mutism
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Social (Pragmatic) Communication Disorder
- Stereotypic Movement Disorder
- Tourette’s Disorder
- Transient Tic Disorder
Personally, I think the ‘disease’ is that of psychiatry.
More to come tomorrow.